Marriage in the Catholic Church : FAQs
In an easy-to-read question and answer format, this document addresses questions about the role of marriage in the church. It provides concise answers to such questions as:
- Does the Church really believe that sex is good?
- Why should marriage be for life?
- Are Catholics who ‘marry outside the Church’ really married?
- Why is marriage only between a man and a woman?
- Why does the Church believe couples should be open to children and should not use contraception?