- Information for Parents about Safe Schools Coalition Australia What parents have a right to know about the Government teaching radical gender theory to our children
What is Safe Schools?
“Under the guise of anti-bullying, the Safe Schools Coalition is promoting a radical view of gender and sexuality”. Kevin Donnelly, Senior Research Fellow at the Australian Catholic University.
Safe Schools Coalition Australia has produced materials funded by ...
- Month of Prayer and Fasting October 2016
Scripture and the Church’s history give us many examples of the great impact when a whole community undertakes prayer and fasting together.
Join us for a month of prayer and fasting to be held in parishes, schools and homes across the nation during the month of October 2016.
We hope that in this time of national ...
- National Marriage Conference ACMFC is proud to cosponsor the Renaissance of Marriage Conference 2016
Archbishop Anthony Fisher
Archbishop Mark Coleridge
Drs Ron & Mavis Pirola
Dr Andy Mullins
Jonathan & Karen Doyle
Kevin Andrews MP
Dr Byron & Francine Pirola
Derek & Karen Boylen
Dr Brigid McKenna
Fr Tony Percy
Dr Ray Campbell
Dr Luke McLindon
Anne Marie Goes
Chris Da Silva
- St Valentine’s Day 2016 In 2010, the Bishops Commission for Pastoral Life launched the St Valentine’s Day initiative. We are delighted to offer you our 2016 edition which continues our ongoing desire to use the innate joyfulness of the feast of St Valentine to promote and affirm marriage and life-long romantic love.
In a culture that is increasingly intolerant of ...
- Marriage & Same Sex Attraction (1) (Frequently Asked Questions Part 1 of 11: Introduction & Main Menu)
This document has been prepared by the Australian Catholic Marriage and Family Council for the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference, which is the national body of the Catholic Bishops of Australia. It is issued with the authority of the Catholic Bishops of Australia.
The purpose of ...
- Grandparents Kit 2015 Dear Friends,
Grandparents are of unique importance in family life generally and particularly in the transmission of faith through the generations. They provide children with a stability and sense of identity and continuity. Many grandparents are also significant carers in the lives of their grandchildren, sometimes even the primary carer.
A ‘grandparents day’ is an increasingly popular ...
- Work Related Absence Strengthening Relationships in the FIFO/DIDO Family
Raising the effectiveness of families facing work-related absences
This is not a new phenomenon as families in many industry sectors, such as the Defence Forces, have been facing the challenges that family separation presents for many years. However as the industrial landscape develops, what is changing is the percentage of families ...
- St Valentine’s Day 2015 In 2010, the Bishops Commission for Pastoral Life launched the St Valentine’s Day initiative. We are delighted to offer you our 2015 edition which continues our ongoing desire to use the innate joyfulness of the feast of St Valentine to promote and affirm marriage and life-long romantic love.
In a culture that is increasingly intolerant of ...
- On the Feast of St. Valentine, with Pope Francis! February 14th, 2014, a meeting of engaged couples with Pope Francis in the Vatican, promoted by the Pontifical Council for the Family
On February 14th, 2014, feast of St. Valentine, the patron saint of lovers, Pope Francis will meet with engaged couples to celebrate “The Joy of Yes Forever.” The initiative is promoted by the Pontifical Council for the Family ...
- Good News from the Pontifical Council of the Family – Oct 2013 It was a big week at the Vatican with the Pontifical Council of the Family hosting its annual meeting of council members followed by a gathering of over 100,000 people in St Peter’s Square for the Family festival with Pope Francis I. Watch this episode of Good News to catch the highlights.
- Day of Fasting for Peace in Syria A Letter from the President of the Pontifical Council of the Family
To all the families
Pope Francis’ invitation to a day of prayer and fasting for peace in Syria and in all nations affected by the tragedy of war calls to be accepted by all of us with great seriousness and commitment.
The images that have ...
- World Congress of Families 2013 7th World Congress of Families (WCF)
Sydney | May 15-18, 2013
The WCF is the largest international network of pro-life, pro-family leaders, activists, scholars, legislators and NGOs, supporting the family. Over 600 people of many faiths came together for the first meeting of the WCF held in the Southern Hemisphere. Their common aim was to celebrate the ...
- Mothers Prayer Mothers Prayers are powerful!
‘Mothers Payers’ is a simple international program that began in the UK in 1995 and has spread around the world. It has a simple format of structured prayer and opportunity for spontaneous prayer. It builds solidarity between mothers, provides powerful prayer support for children, builds parish community and can be a source ...
- National Marriage Day, 13th August, 2013 This annual event celebrates the declaration by Federal Parliament that marriage is a life-long union between a man and a woman. This was marked by events around the country.
In Melbourne, at a meeting held at State Parliament, an address was given by the Hon. Kevin Andrews MP. In Perth, a special Mass was held at ...
- World Meeting of Families 2015 – Date Claimer Date claimer:
8th World Meeting of Families with the Holy Father (WMF)
Philadelphia | Sep 22-27, 2015
On September 22-27, 2015, Philadelphia will welcome the 8th World Meeting of Families, which is expected to draw a global audience. In June 2012, the 7th World Meeting, held in Milan, Italy, drew hundreds of thousands to the city with more ...
- Pilgrimage of Families – Rome 2013 On 26 and 27 October, families from around the world will come to Rome on pilgrimage to the Tomb of St. Peter. This event, convened by the Pontifical Council for the Family, will be an occasion for joyful sharing with families from all over the world.
Married couples and families are invited to witness their faith with joy ...
- Maybe I do A Review of Maybe ‘I Do’.
Authored by Kevin Andrews | Connor Court, 2012
Reviewed by Bill Muehlenberg | Culture Watch
It is rather odd to have to pen a lengthy tome defending marriage and family; but then again, we live in rather odd times. The historical and universal institutions were always assumed, enjoyed and celebrated. But of late they have ...
- Faith in Marriage Conference Faith in Marriage Conference
Sunday September 15, 9-5 | Parramatta
CatholicCare Social Services (Parramatta Diocese), in partnership with ACU
The conference is aimed at couples (married or engaged) and individuals who are interested in marriage. A range of wonderful key note speakers have been brought together who will share their insights, experiences and observations for building, strengthening and enriching ...
- Marriage Educator Conference Becoming One – Marriage in an “i” Society
CSME National Conference 2013
Melbourne | Friday 4th October
The theme for the conference will address the “i’s” of internet and technology as well as individualism. It will address how those working with couples can recognise problem signs and assist those we work with to overcome them. The day also ...
- Grandparents – Email to schools and parishes June 11, 2013 The Gift of Grandparents
If you are planning to celebrate grandparents with your school or parish community, what better day than the feast of Sts Joachim and Ann on July 26? Last year, on behalf of the Bishops Commission for Pastoral Life, we sent you a resource kit with some ideas to assist you.
The kit can ...
- Media Release – World Meeting of Families 2012 7th World Meeting of Families – Definitely a Family Affair!
Over sixty Australians, representing the Australian Bishops Conference, Australian Dioceses and Catholic Agencies attended the 7th World Meeting of Families in Milan this month. And it certainly was a family affair!
A group of forty-eight Australian Diocesan delegates travelled to the Milan Gathering, led by Bishop Terry ...
- National Marriage Day 2012 Don’t meddle with marriage! Join in the National Marriage Day Rally Tuesday 14th Aug. On the lawns outside Parliament House, Canberra, people from all over Australia will gather to publicly show their support for the preservation of marriage as between one man and one woman. As Parliament prepares to vote on this, your presence and support are important. See ...
- Pastoral Letter on the True Meaning of Marriage The Catholic Bishops of Victoria have issued a pastoral letter on the ‘True Meaning of Marriage’. The letter presents the Catholic Church’s understanding of marriage and urges all Catholics to respond to the Federal Government’s on-line survey (see below). The survey will only take a few minutes.
The pastoral letter can be downloaded from: here
Federal Government ...
- Statement on Marriage Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger (Now Pope Benedict XVI) – May 27, 2005:
CONSIDERATIONS REGARDING LEGAL RECOGNITION OF UNIONS BETWEEN HOMOSEXUAL PERSONS
THE NATURE OF MARRIAGE AND ITS INALIENABLE CHARACTERISTICS
The Church’s teaching on marriage and on the complementarity of the sexes reiterates a truth that is evident to right reason and recognized as such by all the major cultures ...
- For Your Marriage For Your Marriage – US Bishops’ Website on Marriage
‘For Your Marriage’ is a comprehensive resource on all aspects of sexuality, marriage, parenting and family life from a Catholic perspective.
For Your Marriage website: here
- Year of Grace 2012 –“A Year of Grace” – Starting afresh from Christ
The Australian Bishops have announced the celebration of a Year of Grace for the Australian Church to take place from Pentecost 2012 to Pentecost 2013. This Year of Grace is a summons to the whole Australian Church to undertake a spiritual journey, a time of listening ...
- World Meeting of Families World Meeting of Families with Pope Benedict – Milan, 30 May to 3 June 2012
– STILL TIME TO BOOK FOR PILGRIMAGE –
Announcing the 7th World Meeting of Families, Pope Benedict XVI urged: “Christian families and church communities around the world … to set their sights on “Milan 2012”.
The two days of celebrations, music, testimonies and ...
- CathBlog- Reclaiming the Sacred from the Secular
Reclaiming the Sacred
Almost as soon as Christmas is over, the stores start filling with heart-shaped chocolates and red rose imagery. Stationers, florists, lingerie and gift shops; St Valentine’s Day is over a month away, but already it’s dominating the marketing space.
Popular with teenagers and love-struck young adults, many have questioned why the Australian Bishops would ...